Friday 26 December 2014

[Etude House] Sunprise Water Essence

It's Summer time right now down in the southern hemisphere, and thankfully our summers are quite nice and sunny, when the weather decides to be good. 

It does mean that we do need a good sunscreen when we go outside if we don't want to sustain any sun damage though, and I decided to go through some of the samples I've been collecting up. 
It was a close call between the 'Lioele Fresh Sun Screen (SPF45)' and the 'Etude House Sunprise Water Essence (SPF30)', since I liked the texture and finish of both. 
In the end I decided that, since I rarely go outside for extended periods of time, and when I do, I use stronger sunscreen and reapply every so often, and also because Etude House' sunscreen was cheaper, I'd try it out first.



The packaging is simple and pretty; I really love how bright the yellow is, which is shown better in the first image. I thought it'd come in a tube but it came in a bottle that's plastic and quite sturdy. 

Apologies for the terrible quality and lighting of that picture :/ 
It's not a terribly large bottle but I only use it for my face so it's a good enough amount at 80ml.


It claims to be a 'light weight watery gel...without greasy residue'. It's light weight and watery and without any greasiness but it's more lotion than gel. 

Its texture is like a slightly watery lotion; light and absorbs quickly into the skin. Because it's easy to spread, you don't need to slap on a great amount to cover your face.

It does supply a bit of moisture like any lotion would, and sometimes when I'm lazy I skip applying lotion and make do with just this under my daily cream.

Priced at $14.98 USD I'm really happy with this purchase. It's quite true to the sample I tried. I'd happily purchase this again if I don't feel like trying another sunscreen hurhur.




__________________________________________________________________________________

Pros:
Light weight
Moisturising
Non-greasy
Packaging is cute and sturdy
Easy to spread
Not a lot is needed to cover your entire face 

Cons:
 UVA and UVB protection could stand to be higher, but it's good enough for daily use

Overall: 4.99/5
Verdict: I'd give an A+. I'd easily buy this again when it runs out.

Follow us on instagram! You can get sneak peeks of upcoming reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment