Sunday 4 January 2015

[LANEIGE] Light Balancing Emulsion

When we went to Japan I brought along a limited selection of makeup as well as Laneige samples of lotion and moisturisers so I wouldn't have to carry full-sized products.
Additionally, this meant I got to really try out these products and see how they work.

Laneige describes it as a 'lightweight emulsion with purifying and hydro balancing care for fresh and clear skin", designed for oily-combination skin. 
It's supposed to "control excess sebum and balances oil and moisture for clear and transparent skin" as well as brighten the overall complexion.

All the promises of clear and transparent skin and skin brightening are pretty atypical of Asian skin products actually, and I've never really notice any exceptional changes.




Sample size did mean that it was easy to take to Japan. Since I don't have the full size product I won't comment on the packaging.

The texture is like a lotion. Less runny and light than the tonymoly seaweed lotion, but more moisturising. 




I found this emulsion actually really moisturising on my dry cheeks, and not overpoweringly moisturising on my t-zone; I feel like it really does live up to being designed for combination skin.

After using it twice daily for over two weeks, I felt like my skin was behaving well, and even possibly better. My cheeks are occasionally rough from leftover itchy rashes from allergies, and after prolonged use of this (in addition to another product which I hopefully will have a review up soon) felt smoother and refined.

It's currently priced at $190HKD (approximately $32NZD or $25USD) on SASA, currently on sale. This is for 120ml.
For the giant cheapskate in me, I find it a teensy bit on the expensive side, but I feel for the results I get, I can bear to part with my money.

Looks pretty huh.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Pros:
Light weight
Moisturising
Good for combination skin
May improve skin texture
Easy to spread and doesn't require much product to cover face
No pungent smell

Cons:
 A bit pricey

Overall: 4.9/5
Verdict: It's an A+ for sure. It's worth the price and I'm asking a friend of mine to pick up one for me while she's in HK. I plan to replace my tonymoly lotion with this when that one runs out.

Follow us on instagram! You can get sneak peeks of upcoming reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment