Saturday 6 December 2014

[Etude House] Dear My Blooming Lips-talk Review

I finally gave in and bought my first Etude House lipstick despite reading some reviews about how it clings to dry areas and such. 
Summer's coming up and I wanted a coral-ly coloured lipstick I could wear out and I thought I might as well cave in now and get an Etude House one.

Etude House's Dear My Blooming Lips comes in a range of colours, from pinks to reds to beiges to oranges. The one I bought was in the shade OR223.

As always Etude House's packaging is adorable; both the tube and the box it comes in is super sweet and girly. Side note: the tube is plastic and since it closes tightly (no chance of the lid slipping off) I'm always afraid I'll rip the bow off if I'm too rough with it.




To be honest, the colour on the box and from the bullet terrified me; it looks neon coral in the bullet, and bright orange on the box.


Can you see the adorable logo on the bullet? I love the cute touches Etude House uses. Side note; I had used the lipstick quite a few times before taking the photos, so in a new lipstick there's more product.


Not as scary when swatched eh? It's got a slightly glossy finish.



It's still quite neon on the lips, but not nearly as intimidating as the bullet itself. If you blend it out with your fingers or a brush, you can get a bright, coral pink colour on your lips.

True to all the other reviews, this is quite drying on the lips, so you must exfoliate your lips prior to application. 

Its lasting power is meh; about an hour or so if you do stuff. If you plan to eat then you'll have to reapply. It leaves the slightest tint, bit not enough to pass off as a real tint.

It's scented; it smells slightly sweet, and not in an overly artificial way.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Pros:
Pretty good colour pay off
Scent is quite pleasant
Extremely cute packaging
Good finish

Cons:
 Clings to dry patches
 Very average lasting power
 Not exactly true to colour depicted online or on the box
Overall: 3.5/5
Verdict: It's about a B? Not bad, not great. No regrets, and I may buy another one if it goes on a great sale. I bought it for $8 USD off jolse.com.

Follow us on instagram! You can get sneak peeks of upcoming reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment