Friday 26 December 2014

[Holika Holika] Heartful Glossy Lipstick

Recently I bought a couple of items off jolse because I'd been eyeing the new products for a while. While this isn't exceptionally new, the colour is kind of "new" on the scene? The pinky brown shade that Kylie Jenner made popular.

Originally I was going to buy the non-glossy formula, but then I read a review that it was a bit dry, and let's face it, if my lips get any dryer, camels will start walk across them.

Jolse is always quick with their shipping but this came so quickly I thought it was something else I ordered. I think it came in about 6 days..?

It claims to give a "subtle sheen", and to be "moisture-laden", giving "firmer" and "moist lips".





The tube it comes in feels metallic and sturdy; it feels much more expensive than Etude House's lipsticks' tubes. It's not a large tube by any standards.

The shade I bought is No.1, Honey Beige (BG402).
Isn't the heart shape of the bullet adorable? I was worried that it might make application difficult because I already suck at it in general, but it's actually really easy to apply. Dare I say, even easier to apply?



In terms of colour accuracy, on my computer screen I find the swatch on my lips more accurate than the one on my hand. The swatch on my hand is more orange than the shade in real life.


It's a lovely warm-toned pink brown colour; the colour on the lips is quite true to the colour on the bullet. 

Wear time is average; a couple of hours if you don't do anything. It doesn't leave much of a stain on your lips if you eat.

Contrary to the description, I wouldn't call it a subtle sheen; it's got more of a medium colour pay-off. 
It's amazingly glossy when you apply it on, but about an hour or so into wearing it, the gloss disappears and it kind of gets a bit dry. It's by no means a substitute for chapstick.
It reminds me a little bit of the Revlon Lip Butters or the Maybelline Color Whispers. I definitely recommend giving this a try if you can't buy those where you live.

Also, it's scented. For me, I don't find the scent unpleasant, and the smells fades once it's on your lips.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Pros:
True to bullet colour
Glossy
Good colour pay off
Packaging is nice
Easy application

Cons:
 Glossiness disappears after an hour or so
 Not a "subtle" colour pay-off as described

Overall: 4/5
Verdict: I'd give an A-! I like this a fair bit and I'd consider getting other shades in this formula. I bought it for $8.08 USD off jolse.com. Find it here. (Not sponsored.)

Follow us on instagram! You can get sneak peeks of upcoming reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment