Thursday 19 December 2013

Maybelline Color Whisper

By J

Back story: 
I've always had (and kind of still have) really chapped lips. Most lipsticks were out for my because they emphasise the level of chapped-ness (for me, boss level) and dry them out.
I'd been eyeing these for a while but they're a little hard to find in NZ and always expensive :x

Item detail:
Colour: Rose of Attraction.

According to the Maybelline Website, this is
  • a weightless and translucent gel with pure coloured pigments suspended within
  • a formula without heavy waxes or oils
  • 'just a kiss of shine'
Despite what the maybelline website shows (which is this coral-ly pale pink), it's a bright, neutral-cool, medium pink containing shimmer.


Regular packaging. Funny story. When I bought this I couldn't see the colour inside the tube so I had to guesstimate the colour by imagining it without the lid. Biggest brain overload ever.

Colour and number located on the bottom. (Rose of Attraction)

Silver tube looks pretty eh? The little knob near the base makes the lid click in place.

As close as I could get the colour to real life. Can you see the tiny flecks of shimmer in there?

c:
My skin is so dry :c but lips look pretty so I've got that going for me.
(If you get that reference you're awesome :D)




_____________________________________________________________________

Pros
J Moisturising; it hid my chapped lips in Winter better than the Revlon lip butters 
J Bright colour without being BAM IN YOUR FACE
J Its neutral-ish tone means it works well for a lot of skin tones
J The gel texture is nice and light 
J Colour can be built up but it won't get to an opaque state
J A bit of shimmer (if it's your thing)
J Stays on your lips well provided you don't eat (just reapply)
J The packaging is quite sturdy and doesn't look cheap (if that sort of thing matters to you)

Cons
L The moisture just sort of 'sits' on your lips, so this isn't a replacement for lipbalm!
L The packaging makes it hard for you to tell the colour of the actual bullet
L Because it's a bit sheer, this works better for people with naturally pale lips
L The glitter stays on your lips after the colour has been rubbed off
L It's pretty expensive in NZ (I bought mine for $12-15, and that was on sale :c)
L Colour range available in NZ is only 1/3 of the range available in the States (really, NZ?)

Overall: 4.5/5 (the product itself I like very much. I can overcome the small issues lol)

I bought this from one of the parallel importers sales, so I can't really direct you to any place, sorry D;

No comments:

Post a Comment