Saturday 28 December 2013

[Etude House] CC Cream - Glow

By: K


Ughh sorry about the resoultion. Left: One pump, Right: blended out.
One pump is A LOT.

Yay I see a bigger difference than the Tony Moly CC cream :)

After I bought this product I found out that "Silky" was more suitable for oily skin types. Oopsies.

This product does even out and brighten my skin somewhat, after looking at the photos. Unfortunately it makes me an oil ball after a few hours (I'm sure anyone who has been stalking reviews of this has seen the oil tests). This will give a white cast if you use flash photography.

The texture is pretty thick and feels thick on my face. I ran my fingers over my skin after using it and it feels like what my skin feels like after I apply a sunscreen (namely the Nivea SPF 50 waterproof one). In fact, it feels thicker than my BB cream while making less of a difference on my face :I 

On a side note, I like using this as a subtle highlighter. :)

Note: I don't go over skincare benefits cause I don't believe in makeup as a skincare product haha :P Also I'm not putting coverage as a factor because this is a CC cream.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros:
 Evens out skin tone
 Brightens skin
 Gives glowy finish (as promised)

✓ Travel friendly - has pump mechanism
Affordable - USD$14 on cosmetic.jolse.com

Cons:

✗ Quite thick and oily - bad for those with oily skin
✗ Gives white cast if you use flash photography

Overall: 3.6/5 
(still prefer my BB cream over this)

*******************************************************************************************

By J


here's beautiful me using K's amazing eye enhancing technology
___________________________________________________________________

Pros:

J My skin glowsssss (it's much more obvious than the Tony Moly one reviewed here
J My skin tone is a little more even I think. 
Hygienic since it has the pump <-  I typo-ed "pimp" the first time LOL
J Moisturising for my cheeks and for some reason I find it less oily on my forehead than the Tony Moly one

Cons:

L I find this harder to blend than the Tony Moly one as it's a bit thicker
L It contains shimmer, subtle, but if you aren't a shimmer fan you might be a bit annoyed

Overall: 4/5
I like that it gives a better glow than the [TM] one, but the textures just a little too thick for a higher mark

No comments:

Post a Comment