Friday 9 May 2014

[Skinfood] Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream

By J

So on my quest to find the concealer for my circles I decided to give this a try. 

Its salmon-y peachy colour is supposed to cancel out the blue/purple tones.

Its description is:

"A dark circle concealer cream with salmon oil that effectively conceals dark circles while promoting brighter, softer skin. The highly concentrated formula applies like a second skin and stays put without clumping, no matter how many layers you apply."

I've been using this alone, over bb-cream, under everyday minerals loose powder foundation and also under my new ZA two way foundation (that I'll review soon!). It works pretty well I guess; take a look at the pictures and decide for yourself c:

Oh and, there are two shades; as usual I bought the lighter one (salmon blooming).


 Once you start using this, the colour underneath is peachier and lighter.

Oh and, when you first open it up it has these moisture spots or something sitting at the top. Some bloggers reckon it's salmon oil; I'm not really sure but it doesn't affect the product.

It doesn't smell or anything, and you can really pack it on. Only downside is if you do that and you don't powder it, or you rub it, you'll leave like a huge empty spot XD



Sorry about the photo qualities; I had to try and fix the lighting on photoshop and there's only so much that can be done before things start going south :c
And I hadn't done my eyebrows so they were looking a little bedraggled so I cropped them out lol :D

___________________________________________________________________
Pros:
Its creaminess is really good for dry undereyes, and I haven't noticed much creasing for me. I've also used this for brightening around my mouth, and it doesn't accentuate the dry skin around my mouth.
The packaging is really solid and it pretty cute
I've been using this for about 4 months and I've still got more than half
Medium coverage; does a good job at making me look less punched

Cons:
L For my broke-ass cheapo student budget this was a little expensive. It's $10.98usd on jolse and Oh wow searching this up on ebay I found I totally got ripped. You can get it off ebay for $5.66-$8.33usd
It's not full coverage, especially if you've got really dark circles. If you're looking to fully conceal, this is the wrong product
It will move around if you don't set it, and you touch it

Overall: 3.5/5  I like it well enough I guess, but I don't love it. I saw this review for a concealer that's supposedly a good duper for the NARS creamy concealer, and I want to give that a try when the concealers I have right now start running low.

Bought from cosmetic.jolse, but you can find it cheaper on ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment