Saturday 30 November 2013

[Etude House] Surprise Essence Concealer

By: J

Back story:
So for the longest time I've had these dark eye circles that make me look like I've been punched in the eyes, especially when I'm tired.

My undereye area is a little dry so some stick concealers get a little cakey there, so I knew I needed something liquid or 'creamy' (but man, false advertisements everywhere).

I was debating between the Skinfood salmon one, the Etude House surprise concealer kit and this one. I was actually going to get the kit, but at the very last second my stingy side went super-saiyan mode and so... I got the Surprise Essence Concealer.

Item detail:
Liquid form in a bottle/tube. 6g. Bought for $6.28.

Comes sealed. 


A pear shaped applicator? Please teach me the real name guys ):


o__o


____________________________________________________________________

Pros
✓ Moisturising 
✓ Buildable coverage, medium to medium-full
✓ Only need a small amount
✓ Lasts about 5 hours without setting powder, after that it wears off a little
✓ Doesn't accentuate lines
✓ Applies a little orange, so it counteracts the blue
✓ Packaging feels sturdy/won't break if you take on travel

Cons
 Tube and applicator means you can't use every last drop
✗  Doesn't completely counteract my blue/purple shadows (going to keep looking for that perfect concealer)
✗  It lasts longer for under the eye than blemishes 
✗  Only has two shades, only suitable for up to medium skin tones
✗  Have to be careful how you replace the applicator, or some product may squish out around the rim 

Overall: 3.8/5

Bought from http://cosmetic.jolse.com/ for $6.28. It's under $6 if you wait for their week sales :D


No comments:

Post a Comment