Tuesday 24 June 2014

[ZA] Two-Way Foundation

It's J again :D

K and I went to a makeup sale recently/not so recently anymore. We didn't buy much; she bought two items shown at the bottom of her haul post here.


I wanted to buy a powder bb-cream/foundation 'cause a few of our friends and we are going to somewhere hotter and probably quite humid place in July, and I wanted a powder something.
And also, since it's Autumn going into Winter here, matte faces are more in trend than the dewy look of Spring and Summer xD"

[ZA] Two-Way foundation is a Japanese brand of makeup, and is pretty reputable.



 Yup yup. My shade is in 21 and K's is in 23. 

brightens
anti-shine
easy-touch up
has vitamin E for healthy and energized skin
won't clog pores


Pretty sure this is the old packaging? I've seen some reviews online with a pink shiny case.




Ughhh sorry about the lighting ): I really couldn't figure out how to fix it up anymore. 
The second image is more accurate in terms of colour.
Comes with an 'anti-bacterial' sponge (not sure how true that claim is lol)
The powder is quite fine and offers decent coverage




So in the before, I've just put on moisturiser hence the shininess of my face, and on the right I've put on one layer of the foundation, applied with the sponge wet.

Oh yeah. The blur in the background is because I'm wearing pjs and am in the bathroom lol. Sorry ^ ^;


In the picture I've used the foundation without concealer under my eyes. Look at that coverage!

On a day to day basis I've been using this alone (although it says you can apply it over tinted moisturiser/bb-cream or whatever for more coverage), and over concealer under my eyes, to set it.

Can I just say I'm loving this foundation? It doesn't feel too drying (but I do recommend those with drier skin like me to wear a good moisturiser under this first) and I think this would work well for those with normal to slightly oily skin. If you have rather oily skin I'd suggest using an oil-controlling something underneath first.
Its coverage is pretty amazing; it's good enough that I don't feel self-conscious going without concealer under my eyes. Pretty impressive o;
__________________________________________________________________
Pros:
Good coverage. Medium to full I reckon?
Decent oil control; lasts pretty well even when it was sweltering in Japan, although I did use a mattifying lotion underneath.
Two methods of application; wet for dry skin and dry for oil skin
Doesn’t feel heavy on skin

Cons:
Not sure where to buy a refill

Clings a little so if you have flaking skin, exfoliate

Overall: 4.75/5  I like this a lot! If only I could find out where to buy the refill ><
I bought this for $12NZD at a sale. Can't direct you where to buy this sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment